Tuesday, May 29, 2007

another hiking post

Ok, so I've been hiking more again these past couple of months-- more than I have in the past few years. I used to hike every weekend, but kinda fizzled out after a while. Since I'm not a strong uphill runner (yet), I draw on my hiking experience to help me get up the hill, stump, mountain, stairs, or whatever that makes that gravitational pull even stronger.I think I originally got into trail running when I saw people actually flying up and down the same trails I was slogging through with my heavy boots and 15 lb. pack. I thought...hmm...I can actually cover the same amount of miles on the same trails and see the same views and vistas and be back to my car way sooner than if I were hiking.

So anyway, I was supposed to go on the Mt. Baldy run organized by Jessica for OCTR on Saturday. Unfortunately due to a family issue, I couldn't join them, but I needed some high altitude training in preparation for my Mt. Whitney trip in less than a month. So on Sunday, I invited my brother, his wife, Karen, and their house guests from Germany, Ute (K's cousin) and John for a day up in the mountains. Here are several pictures of our hike up Mt. Baldy.

4 comments:

angie's pink fuzzy said...

oooo, Mt. Whitney, I'm jealous!

Jaymie said...

Wow, beautiful pics! :) Lucky you, you get to cross train that way :)

Jaymie said...

Nice OCTR logo by the way. Did you design that?

e-rod said...

angie... yeah, i'm pretty excited but the altitude kinda worries me. never been up at 14,000 ft before

jaymie... thanks. hiking is a nice break from running, and still be putting in "feet" time. glad you liked the logo, and yes i did.