Thursday, October 9, 2008

t minus 2 days, 10 hours, 34 minutes

I've been keeping a close eye on Chicago's weather for this weekend, and it looks like we'll have a high of 75 deg F and 72% max humidity on Sunday. Ok, so that's not too bad. Everyone is still talking about last year's heat wave that forced the closure of the Chicago Marathon leaving thousands of dehydrated runners on the course. As a precaution, I'm planning on running with a hand-held water bottle. I'm so used to training with it anyway it's almost like an extension of my arm.

I'm still nursing my calf/shin splint/achilles heel issue though it seems to have gotten better these past weeks with a wrap around the calf area. My other issue, however, is my right foot which is suffering from a mild case of plantar fasciitis. I'm taping it for the marathon, and I'm hoping that it holds up to get me through the finish line with a decent time.

So barring any major injuries and freakish weather, this promises to be a fun weekend. Looking forward to carbo load with some of ChiTown's famed deep dish pizza.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodluck on the Chicago Marathon. Your carbo load menu sounds nice. :D

Abbie said...

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Yes, good luck! There will be water every mile!

Mixednuts said...

Good luck! I don't know if I will ever have the strength to run marathon--10km is challenging enough. Haha.

Unknown said...

thanks everyone for the good wishes! although my finish time is slower than my goal, i still had a fun time. chitown marathon is definitely a must-do.