Friday, January 9, 2009

blagojevich impeached


Embattled Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich was impeached by the state's House today. So what does that have to do with running? Well according to the Associated Press, he was out on his jog when the vote came down. And when asked about the vote, he refused to answer specific questions but compared his predicament to long distance running.

He said, "Let me simply say I feel like the old Alan Sillitoe short story 'The Loneliness of the Long-Distance Runner.' ... And that's what this is by the way, a long-distance run."

It's entertaining to see the hubris of this guy, and it sure is filling the void for political drama now that the 2008 prez election is fading into memory.

My prediction for the running guv... a big DNF when the Illinois Senate decides on his case.

Read the whole story.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love your prediction!!!

Happy New Year to you, Eric. Good to hear from you. I miss our virtual runs. Next summer again?

Unknown said...

Happy New Year, Stef! I've been thinking about restarting the virtual runs again. I'll see if there's any interest on the other side of the world. Well, at least there will be the east coast and west coast, right? :)

Unknown said...

Hahaha. I love that last line :)