Thursday, June 7, 2007

6 “weird” things about me

I got tagged by The Bull Runner and Hitme64:

“Each player of this game starts with 6 weird things about himself or herself. People who get tagged need to write a blog entry of their own as well as state the rule clearly. In the end, you need to tag 6 people as well and list their names. Don’t forget to let them know they’ve been tagged!”

1.) I'm a loner. “He seemed like such a nice and quiet guy; he just kept to himself.”

2.) I can put my right pinkie toe on top of the toe next to it without any help from any other part of my body or external object. You think it's no big deal? Try doing it. You can call me monkey boy now. Puhrty, ain't it?

3.) During my last 50K, except for a couple of handfuls of candies and raisins, I nourished myself with nothing but a ton of energy gels. Have you ever tried doing that? Do you realize what kind of by-product comes out the following day? Ewwwh. Gross! OK, what IS weird is that I'm sharing this with you.

4.) When I run, I groove to the theme from Rocky, Justin Timberlake, Pussycat Dolls, Christina Aguilera, and Kelly Clarkson on my Shuffle. I also wonder sometimes, "whatever happened to Justin Guarini?"

5.) While I wouldn't go around admitting this (so why exactly am I putting this here?), but whenever I'm at my mom's, I put on TFC, and watch Wowowee. I just get nostalgic, you know? Plus I want to be on that show.

6.) I have no cable or satellite TV, only a rooftop antenna. Folks, if you live in OC where everyone has a plasma or LCD TV and TiVo, this is reaaaally weird. PBS rocks.

So, I'm tagging Socal Trail Girl, Pete Vara III, Addygrl, OC Runner Girl, Pink Fuzzy, and U2 Boy.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow...i use to do that when i was just nine or ten years old...now, i can't even clip them toes together...

you just finished your 50k right? no wonder that big toenail looks dead...you and jaymie should do "show us your dead toenails"!

please don't tell me you want to be in wowowee? that is weirder than i expected you to be hahahahaha!

Unknown said...

E-rod, you are the winner! I couldn't stop laughing while I was reading this post. Oh yes, you are weird. The photo of your toe trick is evidence enough! And why did you even have to discuss your poop after the 50k? I had visions of redwoods and clear rivers for your ultra and now all I have are jelly poop thoughts. And wowowee? Please not that show! I can already imagine you dancing to the theme song :)

Anonymous said...

i immediately tried # 2, and wtf! i cant! you must have a lump of muscles there in your pinkie!

#5 => hahahhaah! this is really a laugh trip for me!

i can relate to #6, i'm renting a flat here in makati(actually its the company's), right at the center of its business district, and geeez! it's a shame to admit, i dont have a cable! i try to rationalise it in telling my friends, "i'm not into telly stuff" or "i patronise local programming" . but who am i kidding?! :-)

bEnMChAn said...

everything else is a-ok eric! well except for the wowowee thingy! hehehehe now dance eric dance!

:)

oh and yes, jaymie's right! your GU and powergel experience is very graphic!

Unknown said...

ok, to all you who are giving me a ribbing about wowowee (which is all of the above), obviously you've seen the show, so it takes one to know one, eh? :) besides i just want to see the dancing girls. and for my non-filipino friends who don't know what we're talking about, believe me #5 is weird.

hitme...i knew i shoulda gotten a pedicure first before snapping that shot, but we'll save that for the next time i get tagged.

banggi...ok, you got me. the reason for #6 is that i'm just a cheapo.

jaymie and ben...you're right. i shoulda ommitted the gu story. i might've lost my very limited readership...hello, hello, is anyone there?

Unknown said...

dude-
Call me a slow adopter...
I am not sure what a TAG is?
Is there a procedure for a response?
I have my 6 items, please help...

Unknown said...

pete...all you gotta do is post those 6 responses on your blog. make sure you state the “rules” (see the top of my post) on your blog entry too.

at the end of your entry, you need to “tag” 6 other bloggers that is, just mention their names like i did yours.

can't wait to see what kind of weirdness you got in you.

Anonymous said...

omg, complete with pictures!! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

my post will be forthcoming...don't know if i'll have pics, tho :)

SoberMommie said...

I'm gettin my list ready! Thanks for the tag. =)

Jon said...

I don't have cable tv either. I always joke that I live in a cable free zone. It consists on my townhouse.