Saturday, August 23, 2008

running for a cause


As many of you know, I'm training for the Chicago Marathon this October. My brother is also running it, although with a higher purpose. While my main goal out there is to have fun and maybe set a PR, his is significantly loftier – he's working to raise funds for Team Duke, John Wayne Cancer Foundation.

This foundation's cause is especially close to us since our family is no stranger to cancer. While most have survived and are in remission, two members, my aunt and my grandmother eventually succumbed to the disease. So as a way of honoring them and to help future victims afflicted the disease, my brother has joined Team Duke in their fight against cancer.

Please show your support by making a donation or by signing the guest book on Rhodri's Team Duke page.

Sincere thanks to all.

No comments: