Sunday, July 29, 2007

virtual training run #2

With the first virtual training run between me and hitme tucked away in history, we've decided to do one again. Because hitme trains in the ghostly pre-dawn darkness, he would be left to running without a "live" partner were it not for our virtual training sessions.

Here are the deets...

When: Wed. Aug 1, 1:30pm (Los Angeles time)
Where: Where ever you are
Distance: 10k/6.2 miles (or whatever distance you need to train)

On this run, we've doubled our number of participants. Woohoo! We've added Manila-based runners, Ben and Jaymie, and they'll have the "fun" starting time of 4:30 am since they're in the same time zone as hitme.

As with most training runs, it's more fun to have more runners, so I'm extending this invitation to any and all to join us on this virtual training run. We've set the base distance at about 6 miles, but you can do however many you need to. All we need for you to do is show up, smile and run.

******************
UPDATE ON PARTICIPANTS:

Thurs, 4:30am (Manila) start time
Hitme - Quezon City route
Jaymie - Alabang route
Ben - Metro Manila-Makati BCD route
Renz - Makati
Banggi - if she gets up
Marga - ParaƱaque

Wed, 1:30pm (US West Coast) start time
Steph - Balboa Park (San Diego)
Gretchen - Sammamish River bike path (Seattle Area)
• E-Rod - Back Bay dirt trail (Newport Beach)

any more runners wanna join?

8 comments:

Gretchen said...

Ooh virtual running buddies, I love it! I'm going to be out of town for a few days starting Wednesday, and this may be just the motivation I need to get my run in. 1:30 pm though...sounds HOT! Okay, I'm game, 1:30, Sammamish River bike path (Seattle Area) 6 miles, I'll BE THERE!

Anonymous said...

wooohooo! we're prime and ready down here eric...i even have my route mapped out already in my blog...now for some mental calisthenics...10k, 10k, 10k, 10k, 10k...hahahaha!

bEnMChAn said...

ill be there!!!! OC-QC-MM hehehehehehehe sorry it didn't rhyme!

Unknown said...

gretchen...glad to see you're on board. it's good to know i have a virtual running buddy from the west coast too.

hitme...dude, i saw the route on your blog--complete with pics too. you are ready.

ben...cool!!! we'll see you bright and early.

Gretchen said...

Okay, Wednesday it is. Eric you threw me for a loop saying Thursday in your email, but I'm still on the team!

Anonymous said...

hehe eto pa!
OC-QC-MM-MC

count me in! :)

Unknown said...

I'm taking a nap this afternoon to get me primed for the run tomorrow! Oh, add marga from paranaque to your list. Til tomorrow then!

Anonymous said...

rain or shine ha? i even prepared my rainsack if it pours tomorrow...now they'll think a green veggie is running at that unholy hour
:D